Thursday, January 30, 2014

New Shoes!



Well, these are not exactly new shoes.  Then again, they kinda are.  You see… I've had these shoes for so long that I can't even remember when I bought them.  But it was years and years ago.  And I wore them and wore them and wore them - until I wore the cork and soles completely out.

During all those years Birkenstock, for some unfathomable reason, discontinued this style - which is the absolute BEST style they ever had.  So I could not buy new ones.

Lucky for me, I know about Birkenstock Express in Corvallis, Oregon, which is where I sent these old, beat-up, worn out shoes to receive new soles and footbeds.  Can't say this was cheap.  But it was less than a new pair of shoes - AND - I still have my wonderful style that I have loved forever.

The only problem now is that I have to break these new old shoes in again.  How long till the footbeds turn black and are fitted perfectly to the shape of my feet?  Only the shadow knows….

If you have an old, well-loved (but almost worn out) pair of Birks, I can heartily recommend the Birkenstock Express.  They have a website.  Go there.  You will be glad you did.

~ AngelMay ~

PS:  Nobody paid me anything to say this stuff.  :)

No comments: