Saturday, January 28, 2012

There It Sits!


Well, there it sits.  Taunting me.  Don't be fooled by the little green blankie covering it up during the long intervals of non-use.  The blankie is cat barf insurance.  And when you have a cat that periodically barfs - wherever she happens to be - cat barf insurance is well worth the expense and trouble.

They say these things are easy to set up.  Well... maybe if you are a very big and very strong man.  It took myself and my husband and a set of those little teflon furniture-moving sliders to get it into the living room.  Once there, the box was opened and we stood there, silently, mouths open, wondering what on earth to do next.  Read the instructions, right?

Yeah.  Right.  Read the instructions.  Bwahahahahahahaha!
Excuse me.  But that was funny.

Lots of styrofoam - sheets - posts - blocks.  And plastic sheeting.  But wait!  All was not lost.  The box contained all the parts.  ALL of them.  Heck fire!  I was ahead of the game already.  And, and hour or so later, the thing was put together and I was on board with the safety key in hand.  I've owned one of these things before so I know what to do with the safety key.  Can't fool me.  No sir.

I plugged in the safety key and pressed "START".  Nothing.  Ummmmmmmm.  What the heck?  Press "START" again.  Nothing.  Again.  Damn!  Did we hook it up wrong?  No.  Don't think so.  Pretty sure we did everything just as directed by the .... Bwahahahahahahahah!.... instructions.

We look around.  No on or off button.  That's strange.  What is this?  An APPLE product?  Steve Jobs have a hand in this design?  ;o)

Search the console.  No button.  Look around look around.  Aha!  An on/off button - WAY down near the floor on the very front of the "thing."  Flipped the button.  Got back on the torture track part and pressed "START."

The belt began to move.  I began to walk.   Faster.  Faster.  RAMMING SPEED!

Now I'm in for it.  Now I have no excuses anymore for not exercising.
My god.  What have I done???



~ AngelMay ~

12 comments:

The Silver Fox said...

You have no one to blame but yourself.

otin said...

I had one of those. It made an excellent storage site. lol

AngelMay said...

LOL, Fox! So true.

Otin: My neighbor says it will make a great coat rack.

fieldagentxx said...

Bwahahahahahahaaa!

Remember the incline….and isn't it awfully close to the wall?!

AngelMay said...

fieldagentxx: Do you think I want that big ugly thing out in the middle of the living room floor? Of COURSE it's close to the wall. I'll be careful. I promise! How high should the incline be? Don't forget: I'm Old! :)

Brian Miller said...

oh my...looks like you will be having a bit of fun...see positive self speech...fun...ha....

Janice said...

Good for you! As for me, I hate those damn machines...

Lo said...

"How high should the incline be?"......silly girl......as high aqs you can stand it....but my advice is to being with everything flat and at sea level......ramp up the speed before you tip up the platform. When you are so good you are bored, well....maybe then........

Good luck.

AngelMay said...

Hmmmmm...Lo... That sounds like good advice. Thanks!

Baino said...

Good luck with it. I hired one years ago and it just sat there. I preferred to walk the dog! Such a waste of money so I hope you get good use out of yours

Lo said...

AngelMay....I have a surprise for you...I have nominated you for the Liebster Award......see my blog, "It's Always Something". Congratulations.

Murr Brewster said...

Those things are dangerous. I got on one and someone else pushed the button and I couldn't find it when I wanted to get off. I was on it for fourteen days until I lost enough weight for my pants to start dragging and I tripped and it shot me out the back end.