Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hey! Hi! Yoo-Hoo! Here I Am!



Didn't recognize me, didja? Well, I'm not surprised. I've been in the dental chair getting two new implants. Ouch! Two uppers in the back. Double Ouch!


Everything went fine and no pain at all afterward - until now, that is. Today feeling very touchy in the roof of my mouth. Maybe it's healing. OMG, I hope it's healing!

I had this done on Tuesday so this next Tuesday will be a whole week - and that's when I get the stitches out. Ouch! Again.

Today was very difficult eating. The roof of my mouth above the implants has become very touchy and is giving me fits right now. But let me tell you, this is worth it.

I already have two implants on the bottom of the other side of my mouth and, believe me, people should be born with these things. They don't hurt. They don't rot. They just sit there behaving themselves and chewing good stuff like ... steak! Yeah! Steak! Or crunching on a chilly little salad with carrots and cucumbers! Yum!

Can't wait till I'm all healed and feeling in the pink once again.

AngelMay

.

9 comments:

Brian Miller said...

yikes...does it really have a screw? ack! cnt stand dental work...hope you feel better and good to see yoU!

The Silver Fox said...

Not every woman talks so freely about her implants! Good for you!

Seriously, though, I'll bet they cost a fortune. Do most (or any) dental insurance plans cover them?

AngelMay said...

Hi guys! Yes, there is really a titanium screw. The bone bonds with it and grows around it so it is just like bone when it is all healed.

Ha, Fox! Yes, the implants are expensive. And that's just the first part. Once the implants heal (in about 4 months) you trot over to your regular dentist to get the crowns put onto them. Crowns are about a thousand each (I'm guessing) and the implants are about $1,850 each. I'll be in the poorhouse - but I'll be able to eat!

And no... I don't think any dental plans (that I know of) cover implants. Too bad, that, because they are wonderful.

Good to see YOU both, too! :D

AngelMay said...

Oh! I should have added that, before you get the crowns, the screws are capped off with what looks like a flat nail head. :)

The Silver Fox said...

Too bad. I'd like to have several teeth implanted... in the throats of a few select individuals!

Janice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janice said...

Ouch! I hope you recover quickly.

AngelMay said...

Thanks, Janice! I'm working on it. ;o)

Baino said...

Ugh. I need two crowns on back molars but they're SO expensive, not sure when I can afford to get them done. Frankly I wish you could just book into day surgery, be rendered unconscious and have the lot done at once.