Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sometimes


Sometimes nature is just so good to us. About 10 minutes ago I looked out my window and saw this magnificent creature lying in the weed-overgrown flower bed in the front yard. I'm sure he is one of "Mommy's" babies from several years ago. Maybe even this one from Spring, 2005:


I went downstairs to get a closer look and he didn't move. He knew I was there, just inside the window about 8 feet from him. And he just watched me:


Isn't he gorgeous?


Sometimes....I just feel glad to be alive.


.

9 comments:

Brian Miller said...

wow. beautiful...we have a family of 7 that live in our backyard...two babies...but i rarely see the buck...these are great close ups...

Lo said...

Wow.....and I thought I was living wildly with possums and raccoons.

Gorgeous!

Sandra Leigh said...

There were three young deer in our little road when we came home last night -- lovely little things, but none as grand as your visitor. Beautiful shots, AM.

Megan said...

Loungin!

Janice said...

Grand animals...I have them in my yard too. I just wish they wouldn't eat my geraniumns. Oh, well. They were here first.

Jessie said...

such wonderful shots. we have a constant flow around our area...drives my little dog nuts, but i'm still in awe of them.

warm smiles,

The Silver Fox said...

On Thanksgiving Day of either 2007 or 2008, my sister and I were visiting my mother for the holiday meal, and from the back porch of her apartment, we saw a young deer resting by a tree near a stream in the wooded area behind my mother's building. Sadly, my mom's eyesight wasn't good enough for her to see it.

Baino said...

Gorgeous doesn't cut it, magnificent . the best I can manage is a rabbit, you are indeed very fortunate

Mmm said...

Awwwww.....that is so amazing you saw that. how incredible and lovely for you.