Thursday, September 9, 2010

Theme Thursday: Reason


Well, I had been looking for a reason to post this poem. And, Theme Thursday seems to have given me a reason. I'm not sure if it is reasonable to post a poem that has nothing at all to do with reason, but I reasoned that I would post it just the same - because I can. Hope you enjoy it.



Burning Up


Being not of entire mind

Yet near on half-aware

I recognized the flames that burned

Were torture – yet I did not care

~

My skin seared from the torrid heat

My face full hot on fire

I tossed and moaned and sought relief

A primal, animal desire

~

The heat rose ever more intense

The fire burned aching hot

Release from this delicious hell

Was all my conscious thought

~

At last the blaze, in final flare,

Left embers kindly glowing lower

A foot I thrust into cool air

And tossed aside my tangled hair

And turned the pillow over


~


AngelMay

9 September 2010

9 comments:

Gabriela Abalo said...

wonderful poem, I'm glad you found a reason to share it ;)

Brian Miller said...

gets a little warm there under the cover eh? smiles. nice poem angelmay! happy tt!

Lesley said...

ah, a reason to tuck in the sheets!

Lesley said...

that should be NOT tuck in the sheets

Janice said...

Doing something "because I can" is reason enough in my book. I liked your poem...and know the feeling.

CM said...

"Delicious hell"...oh so true! Glad you shared this, even without reason to! ;-)

Rinkly Rimes said...

Written after experiencing a heatwave, I imagine!
BB

lettuce said...

makes reasonable sense to me!

nice one

willow said...

Oh, I'm feelin' the same heat! Thanks for the giggles.