Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Birthday Comin' Up!



Oh lordy - I have a birthday coming up. Yep. ANOTHER one. I'd have a cake but I'm afraid I'd catch the house on fire trying to get all the candles lit. Maybe I'll just get myself lit instead.

Of course having a birthday is, as THEY say (whoever THEY are), better than the alternative. But when you start seeing more birthdays behind you than you know are ahead of you it gets a little depressing.

At least I can still dream. I have a dream date for Willow's annual ball. So I should go ahead and share him with you now:


An appropriate choice, don'tcha think? After all, if I have some kind of attack brought on by age-related decrepitcy (I made that up), he'll be the perfect companion to take care of me. Furthermore, I'm crazy about him. And he has promised to stay "in accent" for the entire evening - just to blow my mind.

My god, I am one lucky gal! See you at the ball (wait till you see my dress!)

13 comments:

Brian Miller said...

happy early birthday and i hope you get all that you wish for...smiles.

and nice date...see you at the ball...

Janice said...

I've got a BD coming up in a few days as well, and I like your idea about getting joining the candles and getting lit. Happy Birthday to you.

Lo said...

Happy BD and have a great time at the ball. You have impeccable taste......if Mark Harmon hadn't agreed to be my date I'd have gone for Hugh Laurie.

AngelMay said...

My b-day is the 27th of this month - so not quite there yet. Woo Hoo! Lo! Mark Harmon a favorite here, too!

Happy B-Day, Janice!

Thanks, Brian.....always love your comments.

The Silver Fox said...

I'm pretty sure that the quote about growing older beating the alternative is from Maurice Chevalier.

AngelMay said...

Maurice! Loved that guy!

SY said...

happy birthday.. the fear of aging started the love of vampires.. just get bitten by dracula... edward cullen or all the other fictional characters then you can not have another birthday and live forever.. Problem solved.. we will discuss my compensation later

Megan said...

Excellent choice of partner. And of birthday time. Virgos rule. (Man, I hope you are one!)

:)

AngelMay said...

Sorry Megan, I'm a libra!

AngelMay said...

Sy: I hope your compensation isn't very much. Living forever could get expensive! ;o)

Sy said...

This is true, but with super speed and strength you could rob a bank

Jingle said...

Happy Birthday all the way!

The Silver Fox said...

Thought I'd drop by today and wish a special "Happy Birthday" to one of the finest writers on Blogger. Best wishes, AngelMay!