Thursday, September 30, 2010

Arriving In Style at the Willow Ball

This is my very first trip to the annual Willow Ball:


My date for the evening is the absolutely wonderful Hugh Laurie who has promised to amaze me all evening by keeping up that impeccable American accent, which, to me of course, doesn't sound like an accent at all:


Of course, he has also promised to appear in the proper attire for the evening:


Oh wow! Who could ask for a better date?

I, of course, will also be in the proper attire - shown here on a model who displayed the gown to all its best angles and appearances:


I do love red and so found these wonderful red velvet shoes as well:

I have no doubt that within an hour these will, however, find their way into some safe corner while I whirl happily barefoot beneath my lovely gown.

An evening such as this also deserves a little sparkle so I'll be adding:



And, of course, we will be arriving in style:


And even though our chariot is climate-controlled, when I step out of that particular luxury I could find the evening air a bit nippy and so I'll be contentedly snuggled in this lovely faux fur:


Why not the real thing? I'm so glad you asked.

I never ever wear the real thing because I respect those lovely little creatures to whom it rightly belongs. To kill them for their fur is just something I cannot do. I will not do. Ever. I only have to look at my own little darling fur-ball to know why:


Click the poster for the ball (up top) to be transported there.

Have a great evening!


~

19 comments:

Janice said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! And I am so glad your fur is faux. Way to go...

willow said...

You are THE lady in red tonight! Sorry, I can't look your date directly in the eyes. He makes me swoon.

(no worries, I'll fix your link in the Linky widget) :)

Brian Miller said...

you bring great style to the ball angel...

Rallentanda said...

Lovely red gown, beautiful jewellery and the fur is gorgeous.Hugh Laurie with the Oxbridge accent does it for me!

Derrick said...

I have a sneaking suspicion that Mr Laurie is double-booked this evening which could be the cause of some rather sidelong looks I've noticed! But with such a stunning red ensemble I'm sure you'll attract plenty of admiring glances! And that white Rolls Royce; may I take it for a spin along the driveway?!

Mmm said...

How lovely that you could come this year! Wonderful to see you here Angel Many, and may I say, you do in deed look quite angelic in that red dress. Love it. Now, coudln;t your date have shaved? Or maybe you like all his stubble? LOL.

I've been writing my journal entires between dances here:

More Hot Toast and Jam!

signed...bkm said...

I am so glad there will be a doctor in the House....I will probably pass out from dancing all night...bkm

Helen said...

You may have a bit of competition for the charming Hugh! Me included.

AngelMay said...

EEK! Did I mess up the linky widget!?
I've been rather distracted what with those piercing blue eyes of Dr. House and all....

FireLight said...

Oooooh, can you say RED DRESS and the SHOES too!??
Hugh Laurie....now that will make an intersting night for all of us!

steven said...

well i brought the lady of shalott out of hiding for this event but i have to say your wheels and clothes have her in a bit of a hissy state. ummm i think i'll get her to come with me to the champagne cellar before i start throwing the i ching. steven

Yoli said...

Lovely! That would explain why he was in such poor humor when he picked me up! The jewels are to die for! Kudos for wearing faux fur.

Betsy said...

You look gorgeous in that red dress and all the sparkly jewelry, Angel! And your date! I bet all the ladies are cutting in wanting a dance. ;)

Margaret Bednar said...

Hugh was such a darling. He brought me a drink while I rested between dances. At least I assumed he had... He wouldn't drink two at a time, would he? He had me laughing, of course, with his twisted humor. Then he spied you out on the dance floor with my date, Patrick, and the next thing I know, he was cutting in to dance with you. Oh, what a night. Hope you were able to sleep in this morning.

Jacqueline said...

Love those red shoes!

Stafford Ray said...

You did shine and it was not just your fabulous look! You danced like a wafting cloud, so light, so soft, so damp! Just kidding.

Kathy G said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog on Thursday. I'm SO sorry I wasn't able to bump into you at the ball.

Kraxpelax said...

The Moon
shines
on a cat

Meow

As a native Swede, I am particularly proud of my love poetry suite Sonnets for Katie.

My Poems

My wallpaper art Babes!)

Yours,

- Peter Ingestad, Sweden

otin said...

Didn't go this year. I have been busy! :)