Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Theme Thursday: Blue

Color Me BLUE!

Here are a few of my favorite blue things:


This photo reminds me of the wonderful days I spent (some years back now) on the Caravelle beach in Guadeloupe (French West Indies). Ahhhhh blue water, tropical breezes.... Sigh.



From the Caribbean we come back to the States to Clearwater Beach, Florida - where I spent the majority of my youth. Constant worry now that this wonderful beach will be ruined by the recent oil spill. From the warm blue of water and skies in Florida we go to.....


...the icy blues of the Arctic. I took this photo in the summer of 2000. The arctic is absolutely amazing. If you ever have the chance, do go.


Here are some favorite blue flowers. I love these lush, unashamed exhibitionists! The sheer big boldness - What's not to love?

I love the rich blue of my birthstone - the Blue Sapphire....


...and I love the softer, gentler blue of AngelSpouse's birthstone, the Aquamarine.

Next, are a couple of "blues" that I really miss:


Since our move to the West Coast, I really miss this darling little bluebird. When I lived "back east" I was constantly entertained by their shenanigans in the birdbath near the library in our house.


And I can't forget THIS favorite "blue thing" - Hill Street Blues! Oh my! We used to look forward to this every week way back when it was still "the thing". Absolutely loved it!



And here is another beautiful blue thing: Her name is Riki and she belongs to my best friend. Well, I guess you could say my best friend belongs to her!

But my very favorite blue things of all are these jewels here:


This is my darling aqua-eyed girl: Sylvie.

Priceless!


.

18 comments:

Sandy said...

You have such a fantistic bunc of blue memories! Your post is wonderful

Sandy said...

oops, bunch!!

Sandra Leigh said...

Beautiful blues, indeed-- though I suspect that those tropical breezes would be too hot for you now, accustomed as you've become to the PNW's cooler charms. Sylvie's looking as gorgeous as ever.

Betsy said...

Nice...blue is my all time favorite! And you just can't beat the beach!

Brian Miller said...

oh i like your blues...esp the nature pics...though i do like dennis franz as an actor...and i do believe he was on blues, right?

Monkey Man said...

Wonderful collection of blues. Your cats eyes are especially haunting.

Jessie said...

such an wonderful array of beautiful blues, each one holding a sparkling facet in your memory.

thank you for sharing...

warm smiles,

Janice said...

A very fun montage of things blue. We share the same birthstone! I love sapphires...wish I had more. I'd really enjoy one like the one in your picture.

otin said...

The first two are particular favorites of mine!

Harnett-Hargrove said...

Potent blues. -J

Jesson And Rey Ann said...

magnificent!

Alan Burnett said...

This collection is almost like a bunch of blue flowers : each one is delightful in its own way. And so many of them had me nodding and saying "I agree". The Caribbean beach for example - and, of course, Hill Street Blues.

Amanda said...

hi - visiting via willow's blog. love your fotos of blue - esp the beach shots. make me long for the beach vacation i just left!!!

enjoyed stopping by your blog!!

Megan said...

That's my birthstone, too! :)

Baino said...

It is a shame to thinkof those pristine beaches being conaminated. I heard that a hurricane in the gulf is worsening cleanup efforts. Love those blue eyes. I had a Tonkinese years ago with lovely blue eyes.

Anonymous said...

Great array of blues.

The Silver Fox said...

Gee, I'd be tempted to fix Sylvie up with my cat, Orson... if poor Orson hadn't already been "fixed" in another way.

AngelMay said...

Not to worry, Fox - Sylvie has already been "fixed", too.