Monday, June 21, 2010

Remembering Little Shirley
























Well, Willow has gone and done it now. She has put up a post about her Shirley Temple doll and that prompted me to go digging in my stash of old photographs until I found this one (above) of myself at 5.

I think my mother must have liked Shirley Temple (left) - otherwise, how do you explain this? Believe me, there is not now - and never has been - a hair on my head that curled naturally. But I must get in a small brag for my mother. She made all my clothes and was very, very talented.

Thanks to Willow for the memory "poke".

Dang, I was cute! (Even if I do say so myself.)

.

12 comments:

willow said...

Dang! You were cute! Yep, you've definitely got the Shirley thing going on here.

Baino said...

Definitely cute. I've never had straight hair in my life! GAH

Brian Miller said...

aw...what a cute picture of you...

Janice said...

Yep...you are a Shirley look-alike, without a doubt.

Gorilla Bananas said...

You were cute alright, but were you a natural blonde? Forgive me for asking.

The Silver Fox said...

When I was a little spud in the 1960s, a local TV station ran a Shirley Temple movie at the same time every week. For some reason, Captain January was my favorite... although I didn't recognize the young Buddy Ebsen as the same guy I watched every week as "Jed Clampett."

And yeah, I agree with the others. You were an adorable kid... but I like your profile photo better!

AngelMay said...

Gorilla: I guess you would call it light brown hair that darkened with age. Now it has er...ah...lightened again with age. Damn it.

Fox: Love those Shirley Temple flicks - but rest assured I don't look like either of those photos any more. Double Damn it! ;o)

otin said...

Geez, until I read the words of the post, I thought the picture WAS Shirley Temple!

AngelMay said...

LOL! Otin: I have pointed out which photo is which - just to avoid such confusion.

Jessie said...

yes you were adorable without a doubt! i think you may have won a Shirley Temple look alike contest! :-)

Everyday Goddess said...

how adorable! your mom must have had a great time designing for you. very talented!

Megan said...

Awww!!!!