Tuesday, June 1, 2010

AMBUSH!


Well, there we were, driving north on Florida's I-75.... tooling along at 55 mph and being passed consistently by people in a much bigger hurry. That's ok with us because an RV is a big, rocking thing that doesn't give one a warm fuzzy at higher speeds. Even a rather small RV like ours. We had thought it was big until we parked at the RV parks along our way, got out and walked around, looked back at the RV and noticed how very small it appeared next to some of the absolute MONSTER RVs that were also parked there. Still...as the saying goes... Arrive Alive! Drive 55!

All of a sudden, ahead of us as far as we could see, were the flashing red and blues of the Florida Highway Patrol. At least 8 patrol cars had appeared out of nowhere - at the same time - and had pulled speeders over left and right as far as we could see up the hill.

What a sight! What an Ambush!
I wish I had had the presence of mind to take a photo - but I was in total awe at the scene. I've never seen anything like it.

Bet those speeders wished they had been driving 55.

We smiled as we passed them. ;o)

AngelMay

7 comments:

Janice said...

Congratulations on escaping the ambush!

Brian Miller said...

haha. makes you feel ggod doesnt it...

Jingle said...

lucky you,
be careful next time!

CatLadyLarew said...

Ah... so satisfying to get a pass in those situations! Happy travels!

Baino said...

Hmmm makes you wonder whether their motivation is to raise revenue or prevent speeding. I'd rather see them regularly patrolling as a deterrent I think. Then do the right thing and you won't feel the sting.

AngelMay said...

I'm afraid I'm on the side of the Highway Patrol in this one. There are so many unnecessary deaths on the highways - all because some jerks think they need to get there 5 seconds faster. I found this particular scene jaw-droppingly hilarious. Stunning, even. As I said, I've never seen anything like it. It certainly would have worked on me as a deterrent - if I hadn't already been well under the speed limit. I really wish I had had the presence of mind to take a picture.

Megan said...

I'm sorry you didn't get the picture, but it doesn't matter because your words convey the scene perfectly!

LOVE it!