Sunday, April 18, 2010

Finished At Last!

Thought I would never get it finished. But I did. So here is the quilt I have been working on for what seems like years but was actually only several months. This is Side 1:


A closer look:



And, since it is reversible, here is side 2:




This side has no two squares of fabric alike. And here is a closer look at this side:



I have learned that if you want to make a quilt, bring money. The more unique colors and fabrics you bring to it, the more money you bring to it as well. This one cost upwards of $400 and that's not including my labor. No wonder handmade quilts cost a fortune to buy.

I'm really happy with this one - it's nice and heavy with thick cotton batting in between the layers of fabric. It should be nice and warm come next winter.

11 comments:

Baino said...

It's beautiful. I've often wanted to have a bash but I guess I ought to buy a sewing machine first!

Janice said...

Ooooooh,,,that is so lovely! I love the colors. And you made it yourself. Wow!

Sandy said...

It is so wonderful. I love quilts and have helped with them, but never made one on my own. As a novice, I am getting ready to do a wall hanging. Your quilt has absolutely inspired me!
What pattern have you used?

AngelMay said...

Baino and Janice: Thanks so much!

Sandy: I just made up the pattern. It's really simple - Side one is just blocks made of 9 strips of unique pieces of fabric. Side two is just blocks of a single piece of fabric. I quilted each block as I made them. Then I connected all the blocks with sashing. Finally, I add the borders and then the binding. It was easy - but time-consuming. Good luck with your wall-hanging. Please post photos when it's finished!

Megan said...

Oh, it's lovely! Cheers to you!

Gingeyginge said...

A beautiful and useful piece of art.

Chilegal said...

Beautiful, AM!

ilovepink1078 said...

Wow, I like the pink bike.
Great Post!

AngelMay said...

Thanks, ilovepink.... but I think your comment was meant for my Theme Thursday: Bicycle post. Anyway - I appreciate the comment just the same.

Jingle said...

http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/04/from-friends-to-friends-awards.html

awards for you.

Jingle said...

beautiful quilts..
how creative!