Friday, January 15, 2010

My Apologies


I must offer my apologies for not getting around to everyone's Theme Thursday offerings in order to comment. But I do have an excuse. In fact, I have a couple. I've been up to my neck in computer problems - have a new modem on its way which should be here sometime next week...and I *hope* that solves the biggest part of the problem. The rest involves new computers and transferring data and setting up stuff and wires running like spaghetti over and under the desk and through holes in the desk which were designed for just such wires.

Secondly, the wind is not behaving itself here this morning. I live very close to the water and the wind blasts up off the sound from the Pacific Ocean periodically. This causes all manner of problems. This morning I was awakened by a sudden darkness -- the power went out. Since then I have been hearing constant chain-sawing out on the main road. I believe the wind knocked down a tree from either my property or the property across the road and that's what took out the power. Have to give big hand to the guys out there in the rain doing the work though. They got the power back on in about an hour and a half. And they are still out there with chainsaws buzzing and trucks clanking. I can only hear them -- can't see them because the trees are in the way.

Lucky for me I have gas heat and a gas stove...so I was both warmed from the outside and from the inside by my usual morning cup of hot tea.

In any event, please don't stop visiting me just because I've been lax in getting around to your blogs -- trust me! I'm pedaling as fast as I can. And I have no idea if the power is going to stay on now or not. It can get pretty "iffy" at times here.

Your bloggy friend, AngelMay


6 comments:

Janice said...

Hang in there, AngelMay!

Baino said...

Gawd . . we get storms like that and gum trees have a habit of just shedding their massive branches for the hell of it. Don't fret pet. It's Saturday here and I'm just starting to do the Theme Thursday rounds. Good luck with the puters.

Brian Miller said...

sounds like you are having a tough row. i hate computer problems...bain of my existence. hope the storms blow on through and life settles back into an easy rhythm...or at least a less choppy SURFACE. smiles.

Megan said...

No worries. I like knowing you are all comfy and warm and surrounded by trees!

I haven't made much of a dent in the TT posts yet either. Lucky it's a 3-day weekend.

otin said...

Oh! My! God!! You did not read all of the TT posts!? I am appalled! hahaha! Not really, but it was just fun to do that! :)

Read em' when you can, that sounds like a plan!

CatLadyLarew said...

No need to apologize... I'm way behind in my reading too!