Friday, January 8, 2010

I Am Very Proud To Announce...


I have been honored by The Silver Fox with his "Thrust Home!" Award for my Theme Thursday - History post that I entitled "Because". The links here will take you to the Silver Fox's very entertaining blog and to my post that was judged worthy enough for the award.
.
It may sound silly or trite to be so grateful for a blog award, but I cannot emphasize enough how honored I actually am. The subject of the post that won the honor of this award was one that I feel is deeply important. It was not a toss-off for Theme Thursday (as, I will admit, some of my posts have been) but written with passion. That the Silver Fox both felt and appreciated my words mean more to me than I can say here. He wrote of my post:
.
AngelMay is a remarkably adept writer. My humble words cannot do justice to hers, you might say, so all I'll attempt to do here is to lead you in the right direction. She's won the TSFTHA for a post about the plight of women, both worldwide and in our so-called "enlightened" society. In lesser hands, this post could have been trite and clich├ęd... but not hers. Congratulations, AngelMay!
.
So I can only say to the Silver Fox, "Thank You! Thank You!" I will display this award with the pride I feel in having received it.
.
Now all of you - get thee to the Fox's Blog and commence enjoying yourselves while I sing and hum and smile and hug myself.

14 comments:

Colette Amelia said...

congratulations! I concur that post was magnificent!

The Silver Fox said...

It was indeed. The award was well earned.

Sandra Leigh said...

Isn't that wonderful? Congratulations, AngelMay. Your award is well-deserved.

Baino said...

Well deserved Ms May.

Skip Simpson said...

Congratulations! You deserved this one!

CatLadyLarew said...

Congratulations! Well deserved!

Brian Miller said...

congrats angelmay! well deserved....well deserved...

otin said...

You are worthy of EVERY award that you might get!

AngelMay said...

Wow! You all have really made me feel good today. Thanks to all of you.

Megan said...

I agree with everybody.

:)

Eternally Distracted said...

Congratulations! I will go back and read the post now :0)

Mmm said...

Well i think that is brilliant. How lovely. Congratulations for your "thrust home" award. What a name!

Alan Burnett said...

I read the citation on the Silver Fox's blog and shouted out loud "Here, here".

Jessie said...

Congratulations AngleMay!!

smiles,