Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Person Divided


Oh No! Whatever shall I do? Will I survive the day?
-
Born in Florida and a graduate of the University of Alabama, I'm a person torn on this day. It's showdown time. Throwdown time. Gridiron time. Tear down the goalposts time. (They don't do that anymore, do they? How sad.)
-
One good thing about this...
-
No matter who does what, I'll have something to cheer about. Unless, of course, they both turn out to be dufuses on this day of days -- and that often happens when the real chips hit the table. Still, here's hoping it's a good game.
-
I have memories of the Florida campus - I was there SO long ago as a visiting high school band member. (That part of Florida is really lovely.)
-
But most of all.... I miss The Bear!
-
UPDATE: ALABAMA 32 --- FLORIDA 13
ROLL TIDE!

12 comments:

tattytiara said...

Root for the underdog. They appreciate it more.

CatLadyLarew said...

Enjoy the day! Sounds like a win-win situation.

Brian Miller said...

either way...you win...and you know, i think its going to be a great game!

AngelMay said...

Can you believe it? We lost power at halftime and missed the whole second half - except for the final 7 minutes. Dang it!

AngelMay said...

What's the matter with this crazy post editor.
Even when I put a space between paragraphs, the editor takes them all out. I had to put dashes in those spaces in order to keep the text the way I wanted it. Sheesh.

otin said...

I have been through Tuscaloosa many times. I have a lot of family over in Starkville Miss!

AngelMay said...

Best pancakes I ever had in my life I had in some little town South of Jackson, Miss.

Brian Miller said...

i guess you are happy now...right?

Baino said...

I have a one time blogger and Facebook friend from Louisianna who is a MAD Tigers fan. I mean obsessed, delirious, depressed when the season ends. I just don't get a load of heavily armoured men running at each other with a tiny misshapen ball screaming Touchdown! Ahhh . . then I don't get Rugby either . . Actually it sounds like me when it comes to World Cup Soccer. Australians are good but can't compete with the English. Being English born and a naturalised Aussie, I get the best of both worlds! Geaux Gators, I mean Alabama . . I mean . . ok I don't know what I mean. Tata!

Megan said...

And now, I might have to go to San Francisco (oh sob whine whine!) to watch USC play BC. With tickets provided by a USC grad. And I live within a mile of the USC campus.

Whatever!

GO EAGLES!

Jessie said...

i'm not a football follower, but whoever won, you did too!

great post.

AngelMay said...

You all are cracking me up. :)