Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Thoroughly Bad Guy Week


Damn! We have lived for mumbly-leven years and never been ripped off. Then, this week -- first thing -- a bad guy breaks window in husband's apartment, enters apartment, and steals that-which-has-a-serial-number-on-it. Ha! We have record of the serial number. So husband calls me at home and I dig out the serial number and give it to him. He gives it to the police. Unfortunately, we will probably still never see that-which-has-a-serial-number-on-it ever again. MOST unfortunately, that-which-has-a-serial-number-on-it could possibly be used by bad guy to commit a crime. Double Damn!

We were both upset. Not sleeping well. Feeling violated. Angry. Well, ok...feeling pretty pissed.

I hate bad guys. I mean, I really, REALLY hate bad guys. You have no idea the amount of persuading it took to get me into the theatre to see "Road Warrior" when it was first making its rounds. I would just line all the bad guys up and shoot them...but then...that would make ME a bad guy, wouldn't it? Triple DAMN!

On top of all that, there is a bad guy in my current short-short-story. And, right now, I think the whole red-lined thing just sucks. Need to find a way to kill him without actually killing him. DAMN! Most of all need to find a way to screw up the courage to post the crappy thing without my Very Intelligent - and Cool - Readers sending me sympathy cards. Quintuple DAMN!

I'm just having a thoroughly bad guy week.
Oh! And my cat just threw up.

9 comments:

Brian Miller said...

lol. sorry to hear about the break in...never a good thing violated in such a way. post it! waiting on baited breath...just dont let teh bad guy win. smiles.

AngelMay said...

Have to finish it first. And have a feeling it is nothing but drek. Promise you won't spit or barf on it? :)

AngelMay said...

See? See what a horrid week I'm having? Can't even spell DRECK anymore. Save me, ObiWanKenobi! You're the only one who can!

Jen said...

Found you by way of the cat lady, sorry to hear you were robbed or burglarized. Hope no crimes get committed with the thing that has a serial number on it, that would totally suck.

AngelMay said...

Welcome, Jen. Please take your shoes off and set a spell. Very glad to have you.

otin said...

Just kill the character off! I usually do! haha!

Sandra Leigh said...

But then, Otin is pretty feisty. You should have seen him at Willow's ball yesterday. Sheesh!

Sorry about the burglary, Angel May, and about the vomit. Also sorry you are having trouble killing off your character. You could go all passive-aggressive and let him waste away with consumption like Mimi. (It was Mimi, wasn't it?)

AngelMay said...

Well... I do believe that no one had a hand in Mimi's wasting. But they spent many many many minutes singing about it. Oy! I'm going to miss Pavarotti.

Sandra Leigh said...

Somebody (the librettist) had a hand in Mimi's wasting.