Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Theme Thursday - Halloween






BOOOOOO!
I was just getting dressed for Halloween.
Here I am in my costume. Ain’t I a honey?

Well I guess I HAVE changed a lot over the years.
I wouldn’t be surprised if you don’t recognize me. I’ve changed my hair.










Here is a photo of me way back when. Oh my gosh! I’m so cute even *I* want to hug me.














And here I am a few years later in my award-winning (I’m not kidding) costume that my incredibly talented mother made for me:




And now, Ladies and Gentlemen…
For your Halloween entertainment, I offer the following:



They just don’t make ‘em like that anymore. Today’s cartoons barely have any movement at all. Lazy animators, I guess. Or something. I’m not sure what.

Here’s a little something more current:


This guy has quite the talent, hasn’t he? The puller of the strings, I mean.
It's pretty obvious the LITTLE dude has talent.

Here’s wishing you all a happy and safe Halloween.
As for me, I’ll be kicking back with a nice glass of red and trying to come up with my next short story. I might even bake some of my famous banana nut bread. Yum!

Happy Halloween, everybody!

p.s. - If you haven’t read it yet, I invite you to take a look at my latest short story that follows this post. I called it “TAPS”. It isn’t about Halloween, but I think you might enjoy it, anyway.


22 comments:

Skip Simpson said...

LOL AngelMay! I guess we'd better start coordinating our posts from now on eh?

Betsy said...

You were such a cutie!

Brian Miller said...

ha. love the costumes...i can see an award in that...oh and you have aged so well. smiles.

otin said...

OH, write a good old southern ghost story!

The Silver Fox said...

Banana nut bread? Avoiding the mundane pumpkin bread? Love it.

Ronda Laveen said...

Red and banana nut bread, Mmmmmm...what a good idea.

Your costume was definitely an award winner.

willow said...

Gosh, I love that elephant costume!!

R.J. Edwards said...

Oh I love the elephant costume.

Wings said...

That post is full of fun stuff! Love the pumpkin pic!

Happy Halloween!

e said...

I so love that costume! Happy Halloween!

Leah said...

The elephant costume is absolutely darling.

Nice clips, too!

Jill said...

LOVE your post! You were ADORABLE!
The video clips were fun!!!!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I really enjoyed looking at the old Disney cartoon! It brought back memories.

You are so cute as a little one and the costume your Mom made was very imaginative!

Happy Halloween!

Poetikat said...

Loved the first Skeleton Dance video! I can see that routine showing up on a Wade Robson number on So You Think You Can Dance! Such fun! You've got my head spinning with ideas now.

Thanks, AngelMay!

VE said...

Man, I remember seeing that skeleton dance video long ago. Great elephant costume!

California Girl said...

I was hoping someone would post "The Skeleton Dance". It's perfect!

Dreamhaven said...

great videos. I especially liked the string puppet. Those costumes were awesome

I Wonder Wye said...

Oh -- I remember seeing the Skeleton dance cartoon from LONG ago...they should replay it -- it's wonderful!! I miss the old animation. The boogy skeleton was really cute, too. Kinda reminds me of Achmid the terrorist a bit -- lovely post! I am running real ghost stories all week on my blog in honor of all things Halloween -- my favorite holiday....

Harnett-Hargrove said...

NO KIDDING, cutie! -Jayne

...mmm... said...

Listen, you bring the banana bread and I'll bring the tea adn we can compare pics for who was the cutest little tike! Hee.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

what a cutie patootie you were (and I expect still are!!!)

happy halloween

tony said...

You Are Still A Cutie! I hope Your Halloween was a good'un.